Friday 18 November 2011

Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner

As a result of their ridiculously cheap price tag, one would immediately assume that Collection 2000 products are not even worth a glance on an all too common shopping trip to Boots. Well, you would be wrong! I have been impressed by every single Collection 2000 product I have tried and tested so far, and am eager to continue purchasing more and more of their diversely enticing products. 



I brought the Fast Stroke Eyeliner purely because I wear liquid eyeliner every single day (without fail), and I was impressed when I tested the product in store. The thin sponge applicator brush drew an extremely thin line on the back of my hand, and it was no sooner that I was handing over my money at the till to make it mine!



When I first applied it to my lid, I was mildly disappointed. Not because of the formulation (fantastic), the colour payoff (fantastic), or even a bad applicator (also fantastic). It was because of the difficulty of applying a straight line to my lash line that got me slightly wound up. It took me several tries and half of the formula inside my Simple Corrector Pen, to finally achieve a thin, polished line.

Having said that, once the line was applied, the liner’s staying power stunned me. The liner stayed on all day, but was easy to remove. It was easy to create a winged line, and easily matches the quality of far more expensive liners I have purchased in the past. 




Pros: Great colour payoff, great staying power, not possible for the brush to shed, simplistic packaging, great price

Cons: Not as ‘fast’ as one would hope, and possibility of messy mistakes









2 comments:

  1. Nice review~ :)
    Never tried anything from collection2000, but I heard they have some really good glitter liners :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have their glitter liner in '3 - Funk'and it's a-maz-ing! The glitter does not fall out onto your other make-up, and the glitter is not sparse when applied!

    ReplyDelete

The Biggest Loads of Glitter.