Saturday 22 October 2011

Once in a Blue Moon?

With summer drawing to a close, it’s safe to say that we can lock away our fluorescent yellows and sky blues for another harsh winter of rich mahoganies and deep navies. However, I was foolish enough to become one hundred per cent besotted by the colour ‘Blue Moon’ out of the many shades in Barry M’s nail paint collection. The colour stood out like a sore thumb against the rainbow of magentas and greens, and I immediately slammed my £2.99 down on the counter. 



The colour of the product is breath taking; a simple baby-blue shade, but the quality that really turned up the wow-factor for me was the miniscule gold pigments added to the formula. Although not visible in most natural lights, in sunlight the gold specks dazzle, and make the colour look unrealistically three dimensional.



I have to admit, initially, I was not impressed concerning the thin and water-like formula of the varnish. It was this that put me off of painting all of my nails with this nail varnish immediately. Barely any of the liquid clings onto the brush’s thin bristles, and I found it hard to contain my disappointment after reading so many positive product reviews, and the hype surrounding the product.



Having said that, after two coats of the thin disaster that is the formula of Barry M nail polishes, I was the furthest from smug I have ever been. The colour was absolutely amazing. The nail varnish looked absolutely flawless and thick on my nails, and the colour pay-off was no wear near what I had initially expected. The only flaw I encountered after applying was the drying time. Despite the bottle promising a quick drying time, the nail varnish took almost thirty minutes to dry on my nails. Overall, I would buy this product again. Well done, Barry M!


Useful Links


http://www.barrym.com/ - The official Barry M website


http://www.barrym.com/nail-paints - Purchase Barry M nail paints 





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Biggest Loads of Glitter.