Sunday 9 October 2011


QVS Foundation Brush Review

A few months ago, I purchased the QVS Foundation Brush, along with a mousse foundation. I purchased the two products together with the intention of using them as a duo. However, when I began using the brush with the mousse foundation with success to no avail, I began to use the brush to apply my liquid foundation. I have to admit, I was hardly impressed by the performance of the brush. Unlike some high-street branded brushes, it was hardly impossible to tell that the bristles of the brush were synthetic. As a result, I was left with bristle marks all over the circumference of my face – not good! I went back to using my fingers to apply my foundation, as this was (and still is) the quickest way to apply my foundation. 



A few months on, I began to use the brush again, and guess what?! After changing my foundation of choice, the brush works extremely well. The brush no longer leaves streak marks on my face, and there are certainly other pluses. When I apply the foundation to my face with my fingers, I have to use a whole pump of my foundation to cover the whole of my face. When using the QVS Foundation Brush, I only have to use half a pump, for the brush makes use of the liquid, and distributes it much more evenly across my face, giving me just the right amount of coverage (as I have the occasional few blemishes, and quite an un-even skin tones, I only need a medium coverage. If you need a fuller coverage, this brush may not be for you; or you could just opt to apply more foundation to your face).




I generally use the brush by applying the foundation to my face first, as this reduces streaking. I then continue to sweep the brush outwards, toward my cheekbones. This brush is also great for blending foundation into the hairline and jawline. The brushes rounded tip also provides a fail-safe way to contour around your eyebrows, without getting any of the foundation product caught in your eyebrow hairs. As well as being affordable, the brush has not shed once since its first use. I have since washed the brush twice, again, with no shedding of bristles.  All in all, a good buy for a fiver! 


Useful Links














No comments:

Post a Comment

The Biggest Loads of Glitter.