Tuesday 20 December 2011

Bourjois Little Round Pot Eyeshadow & Bourjois Intense

I have never made it a secret that I love (with a capital 'L') Bourjois. My first real make-up item ever was from Bourjois, and all of their products just seem to work for me. I love their foundation, mascaras, eyeliners...and today I experienced the amazing quality of their eyeshadows.  Today I ventured out to achieve a spot of Christmas shopping with my sister, and we both spent a lot of time deliberating over what colours and products suited us best, and I ended up purchasing not one, but two Intense Shadows (It would have been rude to take just one), with my sister buying an original LRP Shadow, in a much more sensible shade than I purchased.  I brought the shades Extrait 03 and Extrait 1. 




My initial impressions of the shadows were, of course, positive. The shadows have a beautiful, mystical quality to them, and I can't express my love for their glittery base in a way strong enough. My favourite part of the shadows is how they are visible as a baked shadow, feel like a baked shadow, and even have the same colour pay-off as a shadow: but apply as glitter! I am spellbound by how extraordinary these shadows are, as the apply to the eye just like a normal shadow, but when you study the decorative pattern you have applied onto your lid, the shadow is clearly in a glitter form. 



Although the colour quality appears as very sheer in the photo above, in 'real life' the colour pay-off is far more extravagant, considering how shimmery and glitter the shadow is. The colours are currently featured in the Bourjois Winter Collection, and I am unsure of whether the colours will be permanent; judging by their numbers, I believe they shall be. Below is a shot of the original Little Round Pot shadows, for comparison purposes. The intense pigmentation of the shadow can be witnessed in the below portrait, and the shadow itself has a smooth texture that is very versatile to blend. Neither or the LRP shadows I have so far experienced are chalky. 




You can purchase the classic Little Round Pot here, or alternatively find out more information via the official Bourjois website located here. If glitter is more your type of thing, you can find the Intense Little Round Pots located here. Again, if you are only interested in finding out more on the shadows, log onto the official Bourjois website page located here. 


Merry Christmas and thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Biggest Loads of Glitter.