Friday 23 December 2011

Garnier BB Cream

As the unfortunate possessor of oily skin, I am always willing to try new skin-fixing solutions that promise a smoother, more even complexion. I was ecstatic when I read that Garnier were releasing 100,000 samples for everyone to trial. Being a complete 'beauty-junkie', I jumped at the chance. When the samples arrived, they were in a box containing a generous three sachets. The sachets each contained a hefty ... of product. I believe that a full tube of the BB Cream would last you a very long time, as a single sachet lasted me a good four application. 


The texture of the BB Cream pleasantly surprised me. I love thick textured face creams, and so my first impressions of this cream were positive...sadly, my opinion of the once loved cream was soon to change. I began to blend the Cream into my face, much to no avail. It seemed that the more I attempted to blend the greasy mess, the more streaky the finish appeared. Having oil/combination skin can often be a problem for people when it comes to products like this, as oil+oil=disaster. Even though the product is meant to be a step down from foundation regarding heaviness, once I had applied the Cream to my face I immediately felt as if my skin couldn't 'breathe'.  


As for coverage, the results were neither awful nor amazing. With a little concealer applied to red patches and imperfections, my skin looked of an average finish. I cannot report on the product's staying power, as I removed the product nearly as soon as I had applied it. 

If I were to rate the unpredictable cream out of 10, personally I would rate it at a pretty average 6. Maybe in the summer months I would be more prepared to use this product on my face. This cream would possibly be better suited for dry-normal skin types. 

Thank for reading, Merry Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Biggest Loads of Glitter.