Tuesday 27 December 2011

Coastal Scents Warm Palette Review

This Christmas I was lucky enough to receive the Warm Palette from Coastal Scents. I have lusted after the perfect palette for many months before receiving it, but had so far been repelled by the extortionate £8 shipping cost. The palette arrived in cardboard packaging, without a scratch on the palette. I believe that the surprisingly thick cardboard packaging will come in handy when it comes to travelling. 


The plastic exterior of the palette is wonderful. The plastic is a sophisticated matte black, and the first thing I noticed was how the 'Coastal Scents' logo was no longer the most prominent text on the palette. In my opinion, the palette's casing looks double it's innocent price. 


The only downfall to the sleek packaging is the amount of fingerprints it attracts to it's perfectly matte finish. Needless to say, it was smothered within seconds of my opening of the package!


 
The individual colours are not arranged in any particular order, which my become an annoyance for people who love organisation. Personally, I like how spontaneous I can be with my colour choices as a result of the arrangement. The shades range between a muted, matte white, to a charcoal, silver shimmer black. The palette is a strictly matte and shimmer palette, thus lacking both frosts, pearls and lustres. However, if you are willing to spend a little extra time playing around with the shadows, you will soon discover that multiple finishes can be achieved from the two textures, using minimal effort. My favourite shade is a cream, with a powerful gold iridescent. In fact, when my eyes meet the shadow more studiously, I can almost detect a slight pink undertone, making the particular shade suitable for hilighting. 


The quality of the shadows reach both ends of the pigmentation spectrum, hitting a few mid noted in-between. Some colours are beautifully pigmented, but a few shadows need a generous application of primer to achieve a glimpse of their full ability regarding colour pay-off. The only shadow that I can recall being slightly chalky was the block white colour, situated at the top left hand corner of the palette, but I would be surprised if somebody handed me a white eyeshadow that wasn't chalky!


I am obsessed with the mirror embossed inside the lid of the palette. The mirror does not mimic the quality of others of its kind, which are usually flimsy and plastic. I love using it throughout the whole of my make-up application, regardless of whether I have my light-up double sided mirror present. Below are a few of my favourite shades. The dark brown shimmer was a real stand out shade for me; I just love the way that the golden glitter is so beautiful and subtle until one is standing in a certain position. I have already mentioned the beautiful cream iridescent, and the four matte peach shades are beautiful lid corrector colours. 




I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette. You can purchase the Warm Palette here. Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

The Biggest Loads of Glitter.