Sunday 18 December 2011

Calvin Klein Splendid Colour Nail Enamel - Tutu

It's not often that I decide to revel in the pleasure of purchasing a cheap nail varnish - most often because I find, much to my dismissal, that my money and time has been wasted on a watery, colourless formula that chips after a couple of days. It was a few weeks ago that I was proved wrong (mostly), when I purchased my very first Calvin Klein Nail Enamel. I was shocked to see these enamels on the shelf of my local outlet discount make-up store, as I was unaware that CK even sold nail varnishes. I had been wanting to try out a black polish for some time, the main reason for my desire being because of my discovery that Kim Kardashian basks in the enjoyment of a black-as-night manicure more often than not. The other colours in the range looked semi-washes out placed either side of 'tutu', as breathtaking shade of black, in which several thousand glitter particles of a blue topaz and rustic gold colour are embedded. 






It is one hundred percent necessary to apply a base coat before applying this polish, as the formulation is fairly streaky and a nightmare to apply in a bold fashion. I simply opt to use a French pink as a base coat, as it is fairly opaque but thick, so it does not counteract with the black to create a horrid brown colour. 









Once I had applied my pink, I simply applied two coats of 'tutu' to each fingernail on each hand. The effect is so stunning. I love the way that the glitter particles are so subtle until they are displayed under certain angles of light. Th only downfall to this polish is it's staying power. It stays on for no longer than a day, so if this, like me, is your opted for 'go to' colour, then patience and spare time is needed! 







I hope this review was of use to you, and I definitely recommend picking up a bottle for yourself. You can purchase the beautiful polish here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Biggest Loads of Glitter.